15 November 2012

Sarah's Steps to Running Away With Your Dream

While there isn't much I could find about Sarah Alderson on the web, like a Wikipedia page (but I bet there will be one soon), she does write quite a bit about herself. She's a writer, so she's allowed to do that one supposes. Now that Sarah has chucked the non-profit job and traveled the globe, written a few novels, sold the screen rights, and settled in Bali, she believes I can do the same. Sarah believes you can do the same, too.

On her blog, she tells us how. If anyone else gave me these suggestions for following my dream (which doesn't have to include Bali), I'd be tempted to say something cheeky, like "Riiiiiiight, and you would know!" But she actually did it so I think she just might know.

If you don't like four letter words that start with the letter which makes the same sound  "ph" makes, as in philosophy, you might not like Sarah's advise. Joseph Campbell gives similar advise using a word that starts with the same letter,  "Follow your bliss." That's his philosophy. If Sarah's (FIP) Philosophy rubs against your grain, substitute Campbell's and continue reading what she has to say.

I don't think I'm ready to pack, yet. But my non-profit job may be up for grabs soon.

No comments: