23 April 2011

Versatile Bloggers Award


When I awoke today, I thought today would be just another rainy day. Here at the seventeenth hour of a rainy Saturday, following destructive weather in the Midwest that tore up the airport, I sit in my comfy chair composing my acceptance blog. Award winning writer and blogger, Dianna Graveman of Write in the Midwest has bestowed upon me the Versatile Blogger Award. The award comes second to being mentioned on Dianna's blog. Write in the Midwest is just one of Dianna' noteworthy accomplishments and it inspires me each time I visit.

The award comes with modest rules:

Here are the rules:

1. You have to thank the person who awarded you & link them back in your post and let them know you "accept" the award.
2. Tell everyone 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award to other bloggers --some sources say 7 (I'm going with my top three, and being versatile, I can do this).
4. Contact each blogger and let them know you have passed this award onto them.

I Googled the award to find out what the origin might be, but nobody's sayin'. And it really doesn't matter. I've got to get on with the rules.

Thank you, Dianna, for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award. You will always inspire me to write more, think of myself as a writer, and encourage others to do the same.

Random facts gathered from the versatility of my life and my blog must begin with
1. the random award I received from the Riverfront Times, St. Louis, for Blog of the week five summer's ago for the my blog Part I for the posting that remains the last one for that site.

2. I began blogging in May 2003, and no one I knew had a blog then.

3. I met my husband when I was 15 at a high school party that I crashed with a friend.

4. Like Dianna I have a guitar and piano that I never play anymore. (Actually, I have two guitars, two keyboards, and a piano; all collecting dust.)

5. And not to be a copy-cat, but like Dianna, I don't care much for sugar either, preferring all things salty for my food vice.

6. I can't eat eggs unless I want to feel icky for three days; probably because many sweet things contain eggs I don't like sweet things--hense #5.

7. Water is my favorite natural element and I must be immersed in it regularly, thus the present remodeling of the bathroom to add a tub.

As for the passing on of the award, I hereby bestow the Versatile Blogger Award to bloggers I love to visit:

In the Aquarium,
which is one of the earliest blogs I read and still read because I can live a Londoner's life.

Late to the Haight, which I've read since the first post and tickled my heart with all things San Francisco.

Mirabilis, and I'm smarter because of each visit.

To close this post, I must say a few words on behalf of versatility, a quality that keeps life from being totally boring. Dare I name it as a virtue? With versatility comes a knack for changing your mind. And changing it again in order to suit the moment. Being versatile lessens the chance of being disappointed. Failure, too, takes a back seat when you can switch lanes to avoid a collision. Finally, versatility is fun. Consistency will have her fans but I'll take a second helping versatility anytime. No eggs, no sugar. Water on the side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb, thanks so much for your kind words (more than I deserve) and for accepting the award! I really enjoyed reading and learning more about you.